my Breast Cancer blog

2004, age 34 — this is my story

My hospital stay continues

It’s Monday — and I’m still in the hospital. Some of my blood counts are up but others are down. So today I will get a blood transfusion to raise my red blood cells. Maybe I will go home tomorrow if all goes well.

I got to see my boys today — after three long days. John brought them to a family room near my floor and I got to visit while wearing my mask. Joey said I look like an alien. He may be right.

Jacki Donaldson

Posted under: Chemotherapy, Hospitalization, My Story, Side Effects

6 comments

• Dell Hagan on 3/14/2005 at 2:40 pm said:

John must be so jealous! He only looks like a dad but you, YOU look like an ALIEN :) I hope the transfusion does the trick and you are able to return home tomorrow.

• Chris on 3/14/2005 at 3:30 pm said:

Jacki, You are constantly in my thoughts and prayers. What a reality check you are for all of us to what is truly important in life. Keep up the good fight, we are all pulling for you. CHD

• Kara on 3/14/2005 at 7:37 pm said:

Jacki – I just heard a story about my friend who was in your situation (2 young boys, low blood counts, etc.) in 1999. She just kicked butt in a volleyball tournament in Virginia Beach (my old stomping grounds!!). You WILL get through this I am just so sorry it is happening to you. -KD

• Christine Mori on 3/14/2005 at 9:03 pm said:

Jacki- We are thinking of you and praying for you tonight. We hope that you can feel all of the support! We can’t wait to hear that you are home.
    Love,
    Christine

• Jane Donaldson on 3/14/2005 at 10:02 pm said:

Leave it to Joey to call it as he sees it ! Ha ! An alien ! Well, you are ” out of this world ” pretty ! :-))

Love, Jane

• Jane Donaldson on 3/15/2005 at 10:12 am said:

An alien ? Oh, I know what Joey meant … you’re ” out of this world ” prettty !!!! :-) Love, Jane