Today is National Face Your Fears Day, and this fine October 13 is intended to push you to discover more about yourself and your fears and learn a thing or two about how you can handle the obstacles that render you frozen. Here are some ideas, compliments of Face Your Fears Today:
Devour Your Fear
Spell out your fear in your favorite bite-sized food (peanuts, M&Ms, Skittles, peas), and then eat your fear.
Torch Your Fear
Write down your fear(s) on a sheet of paper. Then, hold it over your outdoor grill and burn it up. Poof! Gone.
Cut Your Fear to Shreds
In case you suffer from pyrophobia (fear of fire), simply write down your fears and cut them into a million pieces. Then, boldly toss the pieces into your trash can.
Get In The Mood
Listen to upbeat positive music, watch movies about others who have triumphed over the obstacles in their lives, or simply talk to someone who has already been where you want to go.
OR, you could check out the new book, “The Courage Companion.”
Released today, “The Courage Companion,” written by Nina Lesowitz and Mary Beth Sammons, feautures stories of ordinary people who have found extraordinary ways to tap in to the fortitude within.
“Courageous people feel their fear but take action anyway,” write the authors, who also believe these folks “pay attention to the tiny little-engine-that-could voice inside them that says, ‘I think I can, I think I can,’ even when they are trembling in fear.”
This book would be an inspiring addition to your library, and of course, it’s a perfect book to give away! Here’s how you can try to snag one!
- Leave a comment and name your fear (mine? mostly, that if I let myself sit still, I won’t get everything done!)
- Leave your comment no later than 5PM ET on Wednesday, October 20, 2010.
- You may enter only once.
- Open to legal residents of the 50 United States, and the District of Columbia, who are 18 and older.
- One winner will be selected in a random drawing via random.org.
- One winner will receive one book, valued at $15.95.
- Winners will be notified by email, so make sure to check next week to find out if you’ve won!