Raw October: raising breast cancer awareness — one fact, figure, feeling, and photograph at a time.
. . . there are two ways of looking at cancer statistics: Is it a 95 percent chance they will die, or a 5 percent chance they will survive? We like to look at that 5 percent—because 5 percent is not zero. So I think there is always hope.
Dr. Shane Dormady, medical oncologist at the El Camino Hospital Cancer Center in Mountain View, California, said that in his “Talking About Cancer Treatment in 2012” interview.
5 percent is not zero.
I love that.