One giveaway wraps up (Nicole won the Creative Memories goodies), and another begins. This time, the Bondi Band headband I so adore.
Check out the awesomeness over at bondiband.com, then imagine yourself wearing a slick, snazzy band around your head. Yours, if you win, will have a pink ribbon displayed front and center. Just like mine.
So, here’s the deal:
- Leave a comment and tell us how your pink ribbon headband will come in handy.
- Leave your comment no later than 5PM ET on Monday, October 17, 2011.
- You may enter only once.
- Open to legal residents of the 50 United States and the District of Columbia, who are 18 and older.
- One winner will be selected in a random drawing via random.org.
- One winner will receive one pink ribbon headband (value: $8).
- Winners will be notified by email, so make sure to check next week to find out if you’ve won!
Fancy pencils are on sale at my kids’ school this week, and while we were not prepared to buy any this morning (no money on hand), I did score one, thanks to my teacher friend who spotted this spiffy thing, scooped it up, and shared it with me bright and early. She’s the same girl who personalized her license plate with my initials, and shows up at Making Strides events to support her survivor pals. She also happened to be Joey’s third grade teacher, and if we’re lucky, Danny will be in her class next year. She’s definitely on my list of faves — and so is my pretty-in-pink pencil. Love it.
I Mmmmmade it!
Wait, I didn’t make the cookie — that credit goes to my neighbors who host a festive cookie decorating extravaganza every year. I did decorate it, though.
OK, so I know I’m no whiz with frosting, but it was fun. And I think that’s what counts, right?
Headed to Miami!
Dawn is not letting cancer slow her down. Nope. She just completed a chemo treatment, and now, the Pensacola Florida girl is headed to Miami to cheer on her Dolphins this Thursday!
First things first, though!
A little airbrushing on that bald head she so proudly rocks!
Go Dawn! Go Dolphins!
So, why all the hype about Eggland’s Best eggs?
Here’s why, according to a friend of mine, who offered this unsolicited comment:
“They are the only eggs I buy. Vegetarian fed hens, no chemicals used to make the eggs bigger, great tasting, and I’ve never cracked one open to find a nasty surprise inside (blood, etc).”
No blood is always good in my book.
There’s more, and while you can take it all in by reading the press release, “Eggland’s Best Now Even More Nutritious,” let me just highlight a few good nuggets:
- Just 70 calories in one egg.
- Four times more Vitamin D and more than three times more Omega-3 compared to ordinary eggs.
- 25 percent less saturated fat and 19 percent less cholesterol than regular eggs.
- Great taste.
- Pretty pink ribbon on each egg this month (a symbol of EB’s partnership with Susan G. Komen for the Cure).
OK, so you get the idea, right? Eggs are healthy. Eggland’s Best eggs are healthier.
Gotta love that.
I have a thing for shoes, jackets, purses and bags. I don’t buy them much for myself anymore, due to kids and a budget and that little question I keep asking myself: Do I really need this?
But that doesn’t mean I can’t dream, and that’s exactly what I’m doing with The Cause Bag.
It’s just too cute, isn’t it? With it’s black microfiber and the pink ribbon detail, and apparently there’s an elegant pink lining on the inside. The cost: $25, and approximately 55 percent of the profits from its sales will be split between The American Cancer Society and Breast Cancer Options.
And what if you aren’t a fan of the pink ribbon? That’s OK, there are other options that might tempt you — there’s the Baglett (like The Cause Bag, minus the ribbon), the Classic Healthy Back Bag, the Metro and, well, there’s lots more to dream about on the Ameribag website! See for yourself.